Saturday, May 30, 2009

13748 2008-07-02 09:30:00 2008-07-02 14:31:02 This is just a test

www.ClickinMoms.com


Testing, testing, testing 


 


 

public 0 14077 2008-07-04 13:21:00 2008-07-04 18:35:16 A Month without many (23)




Pictures that is baby girl. The unthinkable happened - your mama's camera busted AGAIN. So here I sit with my precious camera in the shop and them demanding half of what I paid to fix it. Even though it is under warranty. SO - we are exploring the options of getting a 'real' camera and just having the broken one sent back.

BUT - I couldn't let a month go by without marking the occassion. It has already been almost 2 weeks since you turned 23 months and this month has been a HUGE one for you.



You have grown by leaps and bounds. Your vocabulary is becoming boundless. I relish how you 'feel' the words with your mouth. You roll the words around like marbles in your mouth until you get them where you feel confident enough to utter them emphatically. You try out all of these new words and when you get them 'just' right - you yell them out triumphantly. It is really quite fabulous and wonderful.



You have also finally reached the capacity to recognize consequence for your actions. You are understanding that some actions result in punishment and that is something you would like to avoid.



You also have grasped the concept of 'time out' quite well - to my utter and happy suprise. We have instituted this approach a few times in the last couple of weeks and instead of running away - you sit and contemplate what you did wrong. Usually with a scowl of distate - but that is ok. I get that. You are strong-headed like your mama and you only grudgingly say you are sorry. 



I am just - so - pleased. I guess that is the right word. I am 'pleased' at how wonderful you are turning out. You are an utter and complete joy to me and your daddy. We sometimes marvel at what a fantastic child you are. We love you beyond bounds. Beyond all measure.

I will leave it at that - as today is the 4th of July and we are going to celebrate our wonderful independence and our brave men and women that fight to ensure that gift.



Next month is the BIG 2! I am so excited. Just wait until you see your gifts.

Love you always,
Mom

PS- all of these pictures were taken before the death of the camera. The pen on legs one is from my cellphone. Not a great photo - eh?





public 0 14147 2008-07-22 11:14:00 2008-07-22 16:50:27 Today you are Dos Anos bebecita - Feliz Cumpleanos




You are Two today - and with that - I am going to shake up your newsletter format a little bit. I wanted this one to be extra special and when I started typing it out - it just felt too 'average' - ya know?


So I am going to write your letter first - and then I am going to post your pictures. Because even though this monthly blog is a great venue to share pictures of you - it is also about the STORY of you. Of the wonderful little angel that you are and to let you know in the coming years how truly loved you are and have been since the beginning.


I have been excited about this day coming and also a little sad. You are blossoming into such an amazing little girl. You are so sweet and funny - oh my God are you funny. And you are so smart - so really intelligent - and just a wee bit devious. (Which I also secretly love). BUT - I do miss the little baby that you were. The cuddly baby. Thankfully you still cuddle up to me and sometimes I find myself hugging you fiercely as if I can slow the clock by hugging you tighter. At those times I tend to stroke your hair and kiss your little head. I breathe deeply of your smell and I oftentimes just run my fingers delicately up and down your sweet little arm - feeling your sweet little baby skin.


I really love it when you want to sit on my lap and you burrow yourself in. And on these extra special occasions you will even allow me to hold your little hand. These memories I try extra hard to burn into my brain. It is almost like I am willing the memory to become a permanent fixture within my mind. Like a mental snapshot.


Your daddy tends to think I follow you around too much with a camera - but this is part of the reason. I don't want to miss ANY of those precious moments. Your silly, funny faces - your sleeping peace - your speedy energy. I just love it all so much.


As you are getting older - you are getting so darn funny. You are truly hilarious sometimes and have become quite a ham. I simply adore it. You also show me glimpses of a moody teenager and these also make me laugh - seeing as you are only now 2.


You are a runner, jumper, laugher, jokester, princess, rough and tumble little baby doll.  I adore you beyond all measure of anything - ever before.


I can't imagine my life as it was before you as I feel like it really started AFTER you. You are a window into your daddy for me as well as myself. You bring joy and laughter and wonder and grace to my life. You have taught me patience that I thought I would never acquire as well as love that is as boundless as the universe is infinite.   You will always be my little girl - no matter what anyone says (including you). I love you so very, very much Evie.



Happy Birthday and thanks for sticking around,
Love you always - Mommy

























 

































public 0

No comments:

Post a Comment