Saturday, May 30, 2009

16073 2009-03-09 15:53:00 2009-03-09 21:16:38 31 Months - lots of pics - lots of love - a whole lot of joy Dear kidlet, You are such an utter and complete joy in my life. You are a star. You are my - just - my heart bursts some times with love for you. You make me laugh. You make me smile - you make me remember that I am indeed my mother's daughter. This will make sense to you one day. You are a natural entertainer. I was telling your daddy that you just 'sparkle'. There is that undefinable something about you when you turn it on. You light up a room with your smile and your laughter. You make people happy - and don't think I haven't noticed. You love to make people laugh - you are such an ham - and I totally love it. You have taken to breaking out in boisterous song and dance anywhere the mood strikes you. It is quite a thrill to see. You also have taken to make the most hilarious faces and - well - you are just so much fun to watch. To love. One my favorite moments lately actually happened when you were on the potty (yes I know - embarrassing - you will get used to it). I asked you if you had gone potty yet and you scruched up your little face and made this - hmmmm - let me think face and then you said, "Hmmmmm, let me see" and actually looked like you were really pondering it. I burst out laughing and you smiled so big. It was magic. Funny place for magic to happen - but it did. Another great moment happened at the doctor yesterday. You were laughing and joking and when the doctor came it you got very serious and stoic as she looked you over. But you would then just peep up at your daddy and under your lashes and smile this cute little smile like, "see - I'm being good!". Loved it. And then of course - Friday - it was such a hoot - we were at a Hamburger Restaurant and the cute little waiter asked you if you liked your hot dog. You just beamed at him and said oh yes that you did. And then as he walked away you looked him up and down - you totally checked him out. Your daddy said - "Oh LORD" and I laughed and said, "She's definitely my daughter!". There are just so many moments! Like you climbing on the OUTSIDE of the stairs because you can't get through the gate at the bottom. Or you telling us very seriously to 'STOP" whatever we are doing that embarrasses you. To your dramatic faint aways - hand on your brow and all. Sometimes I swear you are 15 and not 2.5. And just for the record - you are pretty damn smart. You know your letters - you know your numbers and can actually count THINGS to 5. You can count to 17 and then it gets iffy - but you can actually count objects - which is just beyond cool to me. You also know your colors and shapes. Rock on baby girl. Oh and you picked out and 'bought' your first dress last night at the North Texas Irish Festival and your own sandals at Target. You were very particular and then carried that dress around in its little bag the rest of the fair. We were NOT allowed to touch it. So very, very cute. We soooooo love you baby girl. I hope you will always know that. Love, Mom
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
public 0 16171 2009-03-31 16:05:00 2009-03-31 21:32:52 32 Months Old My Love - and I feel peaceful Hello my sweet angel, You are climbing up so high that sometimes I forget to check back on the ground - I don't think my toes touch often enough as of late. Things in our family life have been hurley whirley - flibberty gibberty - but we are doing our best to find a calm place to land - and you have helped center us. Because how can we be stressed when you give us a smile and say; "Mamma, I love you" - and then throw your little arms around my neck and kiss me. There is no greater joy than this my little love. You bring such joy to my life - and that is what I try to remember in the quiet, peaceful times after all of the energy and pandemonium that is you is swept up to bed and off to dream land. I know that we butt heads more - and sometimes I have to laugh at your obstinance - but then you disarm me with your charm and wit and I am putty in your hands. A, strong, independent little person now dominates your body. I no longer read to you at night. You read to ME. And you sing to me as well. And then when you finally settle in and settle down - when I sing to you - you sing WITH me and match my pitch - note for note. You want to do EVERYTHING - everything. You would drive the car if you let us. Of course this is where some of the butting heads come in. We can't always accommodate you on your time schedule and in the manner in which you would like to be served. We are trying our best to raise a lovely, adoring, THOUGHTFUL child - and with this comes the inevitable no. It is not a word you take to all that well sometimes. But then you will surprise me and just shrug your shoulders and say - 'ok mommy' - or roll your eyes and give me the dramatic - "OK". It is almost as if you are channeling a 15 year old. It still catches me by surprise sometimes. You have quite the flare for the dramatic and fancy yourself a precious little princess - and of course in OUR eyes - you are. I laugh - because everyone who knows your father and I know where you got the overly dramatic streak from. You are now - thankfully - truly free of the binkies. You still try to see if you can root out whether or not Tinkerbell has left any - but I think you are resigned to them being forever gone. Forever in the sky. Forever with Tinkerbell. We have been taking you outside so much more lately. To the park. In the backyard - communing with nature. Enjoying the spring. And it makes you happy. It makes ME happy and it makes your daddy most especially happy. I love the freedom we have in our backyard with you. You run so free and it brings peace and joy to me to watch you pump those little legs and to see you smile you sweet, triumphant smile. We have loved so much doing all of these wonderful things with you sweetheart. We have even had the pleasure of taking you to see Elmo once again and Disney on Ice as well. Sadly there are no pics of Disney on Ice - but you had such a good time. Funnily - your favorite characters tend to be Donald Duck and Goofy. Maybe you are meant to be a little comedian? A mamma can dream. Oh and before I forget - because I find it an odd affectation - but you have started taking to calling me MOM and your daddy - DAD. Your favorite saying is 'OK, MOM'. Where did this come from? I think MY mother is whispering things in your little ears at night. She warned me a long time ago-and she was right. Laughs. And that is ok. Until next month my sweetling - we are barreling steadily to 3! Love always and forever, Mom(my) public 0

No comments:

Post a Comment