Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Changes can and will be positive little one.


Hello darling,

It has been two months of change - growth - development and new beginnings. This is why this newsletter is not only 2 months in one (and late) but also in a new home. I wanted to rally all of my communication points in one place - and I found this to be a good place to start. It feels fresh and new - just like our life is becoming now. And as you grow and communicate more yourself - you become even MORE integrated into my life - OUR lives and it doesn't feel right having it separated anymore. You ARE a huge part of my life and I am a huge part of yours. So now we share (with a smattering of your daddy and the kitties for good measure).



In these last two months - some pretty monumental things have happened:
  1. Your daddy started his own company. It took a lot of long hours and late nights - but we got it up and running. And I say we because your daddy and I worked on this labor of love together. Kind of like you. And we hope it is as fulfilling and wonderful for us as you have been.
  2. You are now officially potty-trained a TRUE big girl. It took some time and one full out weekend - but you achieved it. I am so unbelievably proud of you darling.
  3. I am now officially off of Celexa. Why is this monumental? Well it means that while I am no longer living in a cloud of fuzz - I am also - not living in a cloud of fuzz. I am once again fully engaged emotionally. It is wonderful - if not scary. So you of course are seeing more 'intense' reactions that you have ever seen before. But that is not necessarily a bad thing.
  4. We are living within a budget now. That is quite new for us - but it is wonderful as well. Its not like I don't have a a whole guest room of clothing for you (looks around shiftily).



I also started writing down little things as I remembered them on my Twitter account - and I have them below for your and my enjoyment. I really don't want to forget even the littlest of things.

Twitters about you:
  • Evie calls thumbellina - panina! So cute.
  • Chloclate. Chocolate to Evie
  • Old mcdonald for din din
  • Dragon Tales is kinda annoying. OK. ALOT annoying.
  • E has teh Strep. Fark.
  • WHY do they spill only the shiz that stains?
  • Evie said that grandma was in the sky. She said she said she was sick. Wow.
  • Evie loves for me to tickle her back. She asks me to do it all the time. I love that.
  • ok how are we NOT supposed to worry about the damn flu when they are canceling events and closing schools? Eh?
  • Evie can now count to 11 - like count THINGS. Uhm - wow
  • last night Evie spelled out a word with SOUNDS - mmmm-yumm, yumm - #1, Lick, Lick, Lick - Dah dah dah - the word was WILD - she saw MILD
  • Oh and it is a Snunk - not skunk
  • Some people just do NOT get the fabulousness of the E. Pfft. (this was in response to some people NOT understanding why I dress you so fabulously).

Some other really wonderful things about you sweetheart - lately 'I' have been your favorite parent. I'm glad I decided to NOT be jealous of your daddy when he was your favorite - and that was because I didn't know what I was missing. But I have to tell you - it is BLISS to have you want to hug me, kiss me, sit on me, snuggle with me. Be so interested in me. I sometimes sit and think ' WOW - what did I do to deserve such wonderful attention from such an amazing little person?' It totally takes my breath away sometimes.

*There was a really cute picture here - but Photobucket for some reason thought it was inappropriate - rolls eyes*

You are also obsessed with the toddler games that your daddy and I downloaded onto our iphones. You are always asking to play with the animals or with the counting/shapes games. There is even a spelling one that you are starting to jam on. It just makes me a proud, proud mama.

And what can I say about the LEAPS and bounds you are making with your vocabulary? Be still my mommy heart. I just DIE every time I ask you if you want to do something and you look at me and say - "Not really". I just want to laugh SOOO hard. And you speak so well - like full on sentences. You are soooo intelligent and with one hell of an imagination.

This morning as I was getting you ready - you said, "Hold on Mommy - I have to get my coffee" and you went and got a little fake cup of coffee. And as we walked down the stairs, "Mommy - hold my coffee". Ha Ha. So cute.

You also have this wonderful FLAIR for the dramatic. You make these outstanding faces and poses and even do the dramatic sighs - like OK - I will do that I GUESS.

One other thing besides drama you have inherited from your mother is your complete lack of grace in running. You are covered ankles to thighs in bruises and scrapes. You trip over your own feet. You have learned not to cry - because really - why? You will just do it 10 seconds later. I laugh - because your mom does this herself. She needs not a branch or a crack to trip her - merely her feet.



And lastly - you have become VERY observant. You amaze me sometimes. You saw a cross shape and you asked me what it was. I told you - a cross. So you looked at me and said, "Like the ones in my room?" And I said - "why yes!" and you replied with, "Oh, ok." and went on your way.

You also noticed the Guardian Angel plaque hanging in your room and you asked me one night who the lady with the wings was. I told her it was your Guardian Angel and that I had that same picture in my room when I was growing up. I explained that YOU had several Guardian Angels and you said, "And they watch me when I sleep".

That's right baby. They watch you when you sleep - and they love you ALMOST as much as I do.

Love,
Your Mom.






Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket





Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket




Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Evie is such a spunky little gal!! I can just tell even though I never met her in real life!

    Congrats on the potty training! What a milestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl!! That is one long post!! And SOOO sweet!! Evie is going to cherish those words forever. And you KNOW I love all the photos!! Keep those coming...

    Thanks for the well wishes on the AC unit. Unfortunately we have been held hostage by our Home Warrenty company since we are selling. Nightmare.

    ReplyDelete