Thursday, October 21, 2010

So Evie needs eye surgery


I'm so sad about this. I know it is inevitable - but it doesn't make it any easier.

We've had 3 opinions over the last 4 years - and they all point to the surgery. So we are going to get it done this year.

Of course the thought of allowing anyone to cut on my baby makes me CRINGE - but I don't want to further handicap her.

Bullying has been coming up a lot lately in the news and most recently on my mommy forum. Kids are cruel, cruel, cruel. And Evie already has a 'strike' against her in the cut-throat world of mean girls in that she wears glasses and has a wandering eye issue.

I remember one day, while at the park some kid made some shit remark about Evie's eye - and I nearly busted the kid.

I am so protective when it comes to Evie. I'm also a HUGE proponent to not letting your kid pick on or bully anyone. I try to instill respect into Evie for ALL people - but sadly - there are many who don't.

So I am going to have to subject Evie and quite honestly -myself - to the surgery and its after-effects. (which really freak me out).

I will spare you what the surgery sheets say - and just tell you - freaky as hale.


1 comment:

  1. You are all in our thoughts. I know how you feel about your kiddo.

    ReplyDelete