It's been a busy and interesting month in the Gilligan household. We celebrated Christmas with your grandparents and uncle Pat. Your mama started back to work again and you traversed an unusually nasty cold. Its been one heck of a month and your mom is looking forward to things quieting down a bit. As I am sure you are too.

Here you are with your daddy and your grandma, so very, very cute. All of you look so good together!
I figured I would post the Christmas pictures first, seeing as it feels like it was a lifetime ago. Can you believe it was only a month ago? Yeah, me neither. You had a great time though and got lots of great gifts (mostly clothes from your mama - but is there really an surprise there?)

Some of your favorite gifts were puzzles (which you have figured out - yeah you! You are so smart!) A push along bike/trike and a barbie. I was terrified of the Barbie love you exhibited - that is until you pointed at it and looked at me proudly and said - "Mommy". As in you thought I looked like a Barbie. Now how can I hate a doll that makes you think of me? And such a beautiful one - yeah - I can't.




So I know you are just DYING to know what I meant by the title - and what I meant was exactly that. You are advanced in so much that you do - and one of those things just happens to be the tantrums part of it. Thankfully I understand WHY you are having them and can then head them off at the pass.
See - what the research tells me (I get a great little newsletter in my email inbox and it has saved me on more than one occasion) - is that you aren't yet able to master your reactions and emotions but you get frustrated and cranky like all of the rest of us. You just then let it out by screaming and crying and generally throwing a fit. So I calmly help you out of your pickle or divert you and it seems to work. THANK GOD. Usually I can con you into submission with a cookie (animal) or some other toy.
Speaking of Cookie - you said this word the other day and I almost died. You said it VERY well. As in Coo-KEE. You over emphasis the hard 'k' sound - which makes you sound german. It is really pretty hilarious. Coo-KEE. Mi-l-K - etc. Hee hee - I know I shouldn't make fun of you. But I need to have my kicks too.




Along with the new ability to express yourself comes the increasing need to see what possibly you can get into without bringing about the wrath of mommy. And I have to tell you - more often then not I am biting my lip trying not to laugh when you do this. See - you KNOW you aren't supposed to do something - so you do it - and then look to me to chastise you. Kinda like you are turning your own self in. I still discipline you - because that is my job - but I am laughing pretty hard on the inside.



You are still so in love with books. I LOVE it. LOVE it. You even read them by yourself now.


You got to go to your first ever hockey game this month. It was so much fun. You loved it. That's my girl. Those hockey mens are pretty good looking - eh? Although I think the ones we saw are probably closer your age than mine. Or maybe we could split the difference. LOL


The weather has been kinda weird here lately. Sometimes really cold - sometimes warm. On those warm days you LOVE to go outside. You love to chase the dog and daddy and me. Yes - I do run after you. I know - it amazes your daddy sometimes too.



Remember how I told you earlier how I bought you a bunch of new clothes? Yeah - you might have skipped over that part - but I have really enjoyed dressing you up lately. I know - you are not a dress up doll and I am sure your therapist will agree in 20 years - but for now - you are my own lifesize barbie doll. Now who really is a barbie - eh?



You have taken to calling your daddy - Mommy lately. He thinks it is cute. He is a little nicer than me - as I wasn't too keen when you called me daddy all of the time. Although I don't mind being your favorite parent at the moment. I think it is all of that time I spent with you in the doctor's offices or just holding you when you have been sick.

On one of those doctor's visits I found out what you weigh - you have passed the 23 lb mark. You came in at a whopping 23.7 lbs. Of course this puts you back into the 10th percentile for weight. LOL. You are still in the top for height though at 33 inches. I seriously have to pin your clothes in the back to make them fit. If not you have some serious diaper cleavage in the back. Laughs.


One last thing to mention about this past month - as it was around Christmas and New Years - we had lots of social gatherings. You loved it. You are such a diva sometimes. You just soaked it up. Everyone loved you - and how could they not??

All in all it has been a wonderful month. Its been busy - I am not going to lie - but you get more amazing by the month.
I love you pumpkin butt,
Mom



Ps - here are some great pictures I found of your grandma (my mom), her twin sister and their mother. Really gorgeous.


public 0

No comments:
Post a Comment