

Hi there sweetheart,
February was quite a month for our whole family. In some ways I will be sad to see it over - but in many others I will happy when it is gone.
The month started off innocently enough with you learning so many more words, ideas and how to express them. It is like you pick up 3 to 4 new words a day. You also really started to string them together this month as well. You are now capable of 4-5 word sentences, which really impresses me.

You also surprised me by counting to 5. Now you left out 4 - but you started to count and it wasn't something I taught you!
This month was a really sad one though - as my grandfather passed away and I had to leave you for 10 days. It was a really hard time for the whole family. I missed you deeply as you did me. It was so hard on you and you cried and cried and begged for your mommy - and I wasn't there. Your daddy had to learn so many things - but you guys really bonded. Your daddy and I would talk for hours on the phone at night reveling at all of your new accomplishments. One of them was saying all of your colors. The baby TV your daddy was so wise to buy for you really has paid off in your development.

I was so worried about you and your daddy when you flew to WI to come to the funeral. It was so cold and it you can be a handful - even on a good day - and I was worried about you on the plane. Thankfully your uncle Chris was able to help your daddy and fly with you guys. It seems like it was a really good flight.

When I met you at the airport - I strained and strained to see you coming into the waiting area. Your daddy let you walk yourself as you are so independent and insist on walking everywhere yourself. It took you a long time to get there - but when you did - I got down on my knees and held out my arms to you as I called your name.
Once you saw me - you ran full tilt into my arms and I hugged you and bawled at seeing my little angel again. You clung to me and wouldn't let me go for over 20 minutes. I found a seat and just sat down and cradled you and found my peace in you again.
It still brings tears to my eyes to think of that moment.

You, your daddy, your uncle Chris and your aunt Kim only were able to stay a few days - but you got to experience a true WI winter. And it was so wonderful and cathartic for your great-grandma to see and hold you.

I actually didn't get to take many pictures of you after you left as the cold 'killed' my new camera. Or maybe it just escalated an existing problem. Regardless - I had to resort to using my old camera. The one your daddy dropped in the pool. It works ok - but I will be happy to have a fixed new one.

The above picture shows your new found love of your tummy and our new game. You will 'show' me your tummy and walk over to me and I will tickle you silly. You also amazed me the other day when I asked you where your nose was - and you pointed at it. I then asked you about all of your other body parts and you pointed those out to me too.
You've also learned how to be helpful. If I ask you for help with something - you are more than happy to help. You are so good with bringing things and putting things away too. You have also started to 'feed' your toys. You love on them and treat them like your daddy or I treat you. It is simply adorable.


I think if you had your own 'theme' song right now - it would be Miss Independent. You insist on doing everything yourself. You've also developed a strong sense of right and wrong and when you feel like you have been wronged by person, animal or object - you make sure to make your feelings known by yelling - "No, no" while waving your finger at the offending object/person/animal in righteous indignation.


This month is ending on the best of notes as you have a raging ear infection. It came on so fast - but it still makes me feel like a horrible mother. Your daddy had to take you to the doctor as I am dealing with some 'sinus' issues of my own and we had conflicting dr's appts. You started pointing at your ear and screaming in agony and had a raging fever. The doctor said it was one of the worse ones he has seen. Your daddy has to concur as he got to look at it. You are now on antibiotics and other meds to clear it up. Poor kid. It did give us some time to get reacquainted though.

As you can tell from the pictures for this month - you got your first 'real' haircut. It was so much fun. All of the pictures are on my cell phone though as my camera died and all of the pictures came out white. But you are a pretty picture with the bangs.


Well - I am going to go ahead and finish up this letter as your mommy is exhausted as I know you must be today. Last night you had the worst night terrors I have ever seen. You were inconsolable and you had them from 8p-8a every 1/2 hour to 1 hour. It left us both tired and upset. You wouldn't let me hold you - you lashed out and scratched and fought me. Poor thing. I hope these aren't a new trend.
Yes - I will be ready for Feb to be over - but I love you at this age. You are one awesome, amazing little girl.
I love you baby,
Mom


public 0 sleepy

No comments:
Post a Comment