Saturday, May 30, 2009

12429 2008-04-01 13:39:00 2008-04-01 18:40:10 Been havin' some Photoshop Fun  




I was playing around with photoshop yesterday while I was home sick with yet another daycare cold and made the following pictures. I think they look  kinda cool. I am toying with the idea of getting some plug-in photo filters for my Photoshop CS2 version - but I figured I would see what was out there tutorial wise first before I spent the money.  Thankfully I can follow directions pretty well - so they turned out pretty cool. As you can tell - I like the 'aged'  photo look. 


















And this one is one I 'composited' together of Dan and I at work. Apparently my new mac at work as a camera in it - doh! You can tell it is a composite because of the pixelation at Dan's right shoulder - but not bad. LOL He so cracks me up.



Hugs and love

jen

public 0 12614 2008-04-01 21:37:00 2008-04-02 02:38:24 Because I HAD to play around just a little bit more

 

 

 

public 0 13043 2008-04-29 09:08:00 2008-04-29 14:09:06 21 Months 'Toddler' Girl

Happy 21 Months Little Girl,
I guess I can't call you baby girl anymore - even though I really would love to.

It has been another busy month - which I know is getting a little old - seeing as I tend to run late rather than early for your newsletters - but it has been busy and well - it has taken me time to put together this newsletter.

You are progressing wonderfully in your break neck speed towards the terrible twos. You have mastered the fine art of tantrums and have learned how to very emphatically make your point of view known. Your daddy and I are learning new tricks and little ways 'around' your tantrums - but you are so smart that you are figuring out what we are doing almost as fast as we can come up with it.



I think your temporary middle name will be 'independence'. As in Little Miss Evie Independence - because that is what you are. You have a need to control your own destiny and by GOD you are going to do it. I secretly love it - even when you are ripping the dish towels off of the stove - or deliberately throwing your spoon because you have HAD ENOUGH IT by golly and Mommy WILL take note of it. (not that I will ever let you know that your little theatrics cause me moments of humor as that will completely rob me of what little power I have over you.)



This month the weather has been a lot more cooperative - so we have spent a great deal of time out there (for many reasons). One reasons is that you really like being out - the other being that it creates less mess INDOORS. I know - tricky mommy. Just wait kid - I still have a few of those up my sleeve. *winks*







We have been working on your ball throwing technique - and it is getting pretty darn good. And we are still working on perfecting that 'kicking' a ball thing. You are getting better at it - but I think you have more fun sitting on it than kicking it.  You are also very, mucho in love with your outdoor swing. You could and would spend hours on it if we let you.



This month your language skills have really started to 'crank'. The words you are able to say now and the ideas you can put together - all I can say is WOW. We went over the 'colors' of things yesterday - and you caught on super fast. You were able to not only point at a color and say it - but you were able to use it as an 'identifier'. Like - 'Puppy white'.  I do want to put here how you say certain words as they are so cute. Umbrella is - 'Lella' and Yellow is 'Lellow'. It is so, so cute. Now you do still call your Daddy - Mommy and me Daddy - but I'm not sure you do that on purpose. So - I don't know. LOL



You are really learning how things 'work' this month. You have almost mastered the door - which scares the bejeesus out of me - but I guess it is sooner rather than later with you little girl.



And I totally have to brag about you - because I just think this is too - too awesome. Last week I bought you a puzzle that has all of the letters on it - so that makes it a 26 piece puzzle. Well - after one go 'round you figured out how to get the letters in the right spot on the first try. You would look at the piece then at the board and put them in their proper place by color and by shape. You don't have the patience to make the piece an exact 'fit' (wonder where you got that lack of patience from - eh?) - and sometimes you just try to slam it into its slot upside down - but you DO always match it with the right slot. So I give you points for that.




You are like an Enegizer bunny and the only time you stop is when you are sleeping - or when I am rocking you to sleep singing to you at night. I really treasure those special times with you. I know I will mourn them when they gone - but I do want to remember them here and now as those are times that you are my sweet little baby girl.

I can't call you a baby anymore - as you definitely are not a baby. You are my little girl and oh how I love you so. I love you when you are laying in my arms looking up at me with sleepy eyes and I love you when you are laying on the floor in a screaming fit. I love you with your sweet after bath smell and I love you with your sticky little fingers.

I love you in all of the ways I don't want to forget to tell you.

Love you always mon amie,

Mom























public 0

No comments:

Post a Comment