Saturday, May 30, 2009

12085 2008-03-25 13:06:00 2008-03-25 18:42:47 20 Months. Uhm - wow.




Hey there pumpkin butt,
You are not so little anymore. Your personality is exerting itself more and more and it has been quite a trip for your daddy and I. Probably a little more for your daddy - seeing as I know this little personality already. Because it is mine of course. You are starting to act more and more like your mama each day. God help the rest of the world, right?



This has been a month of independence, self-sufficient and willful behavior. You want what you want, when you want, how you want it and no other way. And while it might drive me a little batty and set up a test of wills between us - know that I am gleefully laughing under the surface as there is no doubt that you are my baby. And oh how I love it.



This last month marked TWO holidays - 2!!! Oh what joy for the little miss ebbers. You got to celebrate St. Patty's day AND Easter. And both were a delight for their own reasons. Although I can say that the little Leprachuan man really freaked you out. Oh how we laughed. Although you didn't find it funny AT ALL.







You got to go to the N. Texas Irish Festival - which is kinda special for us. That is where you had your first taste of solid food - Irish Stew. I take great pride in the fact that I started you on hearty Irish Stew vs wimpy baby cereal. And you like pretty much anything we give you to this day. Makes a mama proud. Of course the animals at the petting zoo freaked you at first. But you got used to them.

What was TERRIFYING for me though - was how very, very sick both you and your daddy were that night. You both were erupting from both ends and I was convinced I was going to have to take you both to the emergency room. And there was a massive storm that night. It was pretty terrifying for me. I even called the dr to make sure. You know - the poor one that has to answer the frantic calls at 2a on a Sunday night. Yeah that one. I could have sworn you both had caught something from the animals. Nope - just the stomach bug going around. It was so scary. I never want to have to see you dry heaving with your little ribs sucked in again - ok??



You are also getting your last 4 teeth. All at the same time and all of them the canine ones. You know - those pointy ones? Man have they been rough on ALL of us. Throw in a raging ear infection that never seems to clear up - and there were weeks there where NONE of us were getting any sleep. Thankfully I think we have come through the worst of it.




You've slowed down in the 'vertical' growth aspect of growing up - but you are ramped and revved up in your developmental progress. Holy cow. You surprise me everyday with what you know. You will randomly point to a letter and tell me what it is - or you will state a whole sentence that is pretty much totally understandable AND in context. I am getting weekly progress reports about how 'brilliant' you are in relation to the other kids in your class. And again - I cackle on the inside with glee. I mean - come on - what mother wouldn't?







Case in point - I was told monday that you were a WIZZ at the Easter Egg hunt on Friday. Here is the exchange with your teacher (at least how I remember it):

Me: (talking about how it was bizarre that some of the parents put tiny, wrapped pieces of chocolate in the easter eggs to only have the children try to devour them wrapper and all)
Teacher: Evie was a PRO at gathering those Easter Eggs! She was the only one who knew exactly what to do. She just ran around picking up those eggs as fast as she could and chucking them into the basket.
Me: Well - we have lots of buckets at home that she loves to put all of her little toys in.
Teacher: Well - even the other parents there were like 'wow' look at her go! She is a real Pro!
Me: *preening*

Now - what mother wouldn't gloat about how 'warrior' like her child is in collecting the coveted Easter Eggs. Means she can fend for herself. LOL


Here is some of the carnage of that day. I didn't post the picture where I got a glimpse of the 'basketball' piece of chocolate I had to fish out of her mouth. And when I say basketball - I mean a chocolate covered in orange and black wrapping that LOOKED like a basketball. You just popped that puppy right into your mouth. You are  FAST.



I'm a little sad though. Your eyes are changing. They are no longer blue like mine. They are turning Hazel - like your aunty and your great-grandma. That's ok though - you are still one helluva  stunner.



Ok - I think I am going to sign out for this month and just post a bunch more of the awesome pictures of the awesome little you. Just know that I am keeping all of the memories that I don't write down - locked in my heart. I stop at least once a day to memorize a moment that involves you and your lovable personality.

Love you not so little girl
Mom
































PS  - There is one little memory i want to remember from last night. You were asking your daddy for more milk and he just was not getting what you were saying. So you put your little milk cup down on the floor and very deliberately put your two little hands together in the sign for 'more' and 'milk' so that your daddy knew what you wanted. I just about died from the cuteness. So adorable. It was kinda like you were saying - 'duh daddy. Why don't you listen? Here - I will spell it out for you.' LOLOLOLOL



                                                                                           Milk
public 0 pleased

No comments:

Post a Comment