Saturday, May 30, 2009

14994 2008-10-28 14:12:00 2008-10-28 19:12:26 27 Months Going on 15 Years

 

 

Happy 27th Month birthday little lady.

This month has been one seriously wild ride with you. You have gone from a two-year old to a 15 year old in one fell swoop. I tend to sing Kelly Clarkson's 'Miss Independence' in my head when you are in your stubborn mood. This month is ALL about - Evie doing it. Or as you say, "I DO IT!" - and very emphatically I might add.

 

 

In fact there isn't much that you don't want to do BY YOURSELF - and by GOD if mommy or daddy try to help you - you get all in a tizzy. And of course you want it RIGHT NOW THANK YOU VERY MUCH - HOW CAN YOU NOT HAVE ANTICIPATED MY NEEDS?????

At times it is pretty funny - but at others - like when we are trying to get you off to school - not so fun. You actually got your first spanking the other day for just that reason. Little strong-headed mule. Laughs.

 

Let me count the things you refuse to let ANYONE help you with - shall we? Tying your shoes (which you can't do dear heart - but you do try). Eating - drinking - doing both while jumping on the couch - spilling it EVERYWHERE. Walking up the stairs - even if you fall backwards down 2 steps while mommy grabs you from certain head bonkage. Turning on the bath FOR YOURSELF and then wanting to climb in with no assistance. Getting things from the pantry/fridge. Getting into the car (you TRY to get into the driver's side). Showering (even though no water is allowed).

You also do not want us to follow you anywhere and insist on closing doors behind us to keep us out of your 'space'. We are no longer allowed to dance or be silly in your presence - we usually get "No Mommy NO!" and then you come up to physically stop us from embarrassing you further. (I thought this was supposed to be a pre-teen thing - not a TWO thing.)

And we found out the hard way that time out does not work for you anymore. If we raise our voice because you are doing something you shouldn't - you right away plop down on the floor and say, "Mime Out" - and sit there and kind of smirk. Then you will literally CRAWL over to us while saying, "I sowwy" with big puppy eyes and bigger grin. LORD help me we are in trouble. And when I try to take things away - like 'I am going to turn off the TV if you don't do - XYZ' - you say, "Ok" and walk away like you could care less.

And you caught me up the day - you were running from me for some reason -and you crawled into the fortress of your bed and said, "No Ma'am!" to me - I think I was tickling you - but I about died laughing at this. This is what I tell you when you are doing something you should NOT be doing.

Your favorite speed these days is full throttle. If you can't do it at a run - then you don't want to do it. If you can't jump on it or off of it - it isn't worth your time.

 

But when you aren't being a stinker - you are being a little living doll. You are such a funny kid. You love to joke and laugh and be jovial. And you are so darn sensitive. It amazes me how empathetic you can be. Every morning when you get up early to climb into our bed to watch TV (this is a new thing) - you know to let me sleep a little longer. Sometimes you will even pet my hair and whisper 'night night' to me. It just melts my heart.

We are still working on the binky thing - but that goes along with the sensitive stuff. You tend to need it when you get really upset or are overly tired. One day we will break it - but you still seem to need it. And we ARE working on the potty training right now - so I don't want to traumatize you - poor kid.

Speaking of potty training - this is a pretty funny story (NOW) - but we went to give you a bath on Sunday night. (like always). Your daddy asked you if you had gone #2 - you said no. So he whipped off your diaper and put you in the bathtub - by way of skidding your bottom across my head on the way to the water. (I was kneeling on the floor by the tub to commence the bath). I suddenly smelled the most foul of foul smells - and REALIZED that you had in fact gone number 2 and your daddy had just skidmarked my head!

I jumped up and stripped down to shower while your daddy took over bath duty. He pulled you out- cleaned you off and redid the bath water. But with bubbles. You HATE bubbles in your bath. So you freaked out. He had to pull you out AGAIN - then clean off the bubbles (he put you on the counter and your little wet butt slid OFF of the counter - and he just grabbed you before you hit the floor) which scared you even MORE - meanwhile mommy was doing a super duper hair washing and silently laughing at your daddy for his total botching of bath time.

I then had to get out of the shower and comfort you - as you were SHOCKED - as your daddy filled the bathtub for the 3rd time. I then gave you your bath and you were hunky dory. Your poor daddy. It WAS funny though and gives me a whole new set of nicknames. LOL

I know I am missing SO much more - but it has been an awesome month filled with laughter and frustration. You are speaking sooo well now - and with your newfound ability to communicate - you have communicated your independence as well. Laughs.

Love you muchos kiddo,

Looking forward to month 28.

Mom.

 

(Ice Cream Fight - the Ice Cream WON)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

public 0

No comments:

Post a Comment