Saturday, May 30, 2009

4931 2006-11-02 10:15:00 2006-11-02 16:15:35 I thought I had more time

 


I thought I had more time. At  least another month- maybe a smidgen more. I was just starting to get used to the little angel sweetheart that Evie can be. The cute, heart-melting smiles, giggles and coos. The little girl who stared in wonder at all of the new things around her waiting to be discovered.

I should have known. The signs were all there that our brief honeymoon was over. Just as we are starting to get used to the 6 hour sleeping jags at night. Our first indicator that it would all soon be over was the copious amounts of drool. Then there was the adorable fist sucking. I should have known then- but she is still so young, still developing. We lulled ourselves into a false sense of security that it was just her discovering her wee little hands. What a joy, what a treasure!

Next came the low grade fevers - I felt them with my hands - but they never showed on the thermometer. They always seemed to allude it and baffled me as the mommy who knew something was up. That was the last indicator before IT hit. It being the maelstrom of malcontent that started to plague our tiny little family. Fussiness was a new buzz word all of a sudden. And one I would start to use a little too frequently for my taste.

"Oh, but she is usually such a wonderful and calm baby. She is just unusually fussy lately."

I should have known. I should have. I denied it. I fought it. I just couldn't believe it. But last night my fears were confirmed. I stuck my finger in Evie's little mouth to check for the 'gasp' beginning of a tooth coming in. I found a bump. Upper right-hand corner. She then proceeded to gnaw very enthusiastically on my finger. I had finally put my finger on it!

She's teethig. Dear God she is teething. She's not yet old enough to master the holding or manipulation of the myriad of teethers that we have- but she is teething alright.

Goodbye sorta restful nights. Goodbye blissful baby days with happily cooing baby. Hello endless days of fussiness and cranky moods.

God give me strength.

NaNoWriMo Progress:

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
4,749 / 50,000
(9.5%)

public 0 5355 2006-11-27 21:05:00 2006-11-28 03:05:56 And four makes a third of a year

 

 

 


 

 Hi there baby girl. You are now four months and a handful of days old. Of course Mommy is getting later and later with your updates - but you have a hand in that kiddo. You are becoming a living, breathing, fascination machine lately. Your sense of wonder amazes me and enthralls me - and tires me out sometimes. As you are as quickly fascinated by things as you are bored of things. Mommy is always having to up the ante when it comes to keeping you entertained. And that is ok - you are a growing girl. And this was evidenced on Wednesday, your four month birthday - when you had your four month doctor's visit.

In fact, you are growing like a weed. You are at 25 inches - which places you in the 90th percentile for length. That is long kid - and you are a thin one too - as your weight at 12.3 lbs is at around the 25-50th percentile. AND - most of that weight is NOT in your head - which is in the 5th percentile. Your aunt Kimmy said you had a pin head - which you don't - it just looks proportionate - and not like a pumpkin on a stick like some other kids.

This isn't a 'pin head' now is it?

I would say that this has been the month of poop. Apparently you have inherited your father's problems with the bowel and not my opposite, but equally annoying problem. So I have spent a lot of my time intensely focused on what comes out of your bottom - or the lack of. When you do make a deposit lately - it has been like you passed a hard marble - which I am sure is less than fun.

Look at that little angel face.

 

 

This month for you marked Halloween. It was a pretty uneventful day for you - as Daddy had to work late so Mommy dressed you up and herself and handed out candy at the door. I was a pirate and you were Princess Leia. You cried and then you slept - which was ok- as I could then get a few cute pictures of you.

 

 Mommy as Pirate and..

you with your booty.

You've recently discovered TV - which is pretty cool - seeing as your mommy loves it and was raised on it. Of course you don't really like the 'baby' tv all that much - you prefer the talking heads and what mommy and daddy likes to watch. You seem to like Heroes alot - and well - I say - that's my girl to that one. The only member of the family that seems to adore the Baby Einstein videos is Peanut. She can watch the whole 1/2 hour video. It is quite hillarious to see. She sits there enthralled with it while you have already grown bored. She's a pretty smart cat - and I have a feeling she will be your best friend soon.

Right now this is your favorite friend.

Of course your most favoritest time ever is bath time. You love it and you laugh and cavort like there is no tomorrow. Lately you have been kicking around in the water - which is pretty hilarious.

You are also talking a whole bunch - which is so awesome. You are experimenting with your r's and m's and h's. Here is a picture of you talking to the camera.

You are also learning to sit up - and you kick like there is NO tomorrow. Oh - and you can now reach out and grab onto things. God it so awesome. But you know what melts my heart the most? When you are crying and the ONLY thing that will make it better is when I am hugging you tight and rocking you back and forth. I really dig this being needed thing kid.

Love you - Mom

Here are some more adorable pics of ya because I can't get enough of you.

Every night you turn yourself sideways in the crib - it is so funny

Here you are sitting up!

public 0

No comments:

Post a Comment