Saturday, May 30, 2009

7996 2007-04-17 15:29:00 2007-04-17 20:30:35 We have a sick baby people.

 

 

 


 

 Yeah, yeah, yeah - I'm supposed to come by more now that Evie is in daycare - yeah - I get it. BUT - in my defense I was taking care of MANY things that needed taking care of while I had 4, uninterupted hours of ME time a day.  And of course that all was housework and what not. But I digress. The title suggests a sick baby - and that, indeed is what I have. A sick baby. Like - gooey, icky, mucky, cruddy crap coming out of her nose and down her throat - and it makes her cough and gag and cry.

And like a good mommy - I kept her home from daycare today. And last night I called all over hell and heaven to find the battery operated nose aspirator I saw in a commercial. And swore I saw in a store. And after calling no less than 4 places to no avail -I checked the Target website. They said they had it - so I went tearing out of of the house at 830 last night to find the elusive power nose sucker. And you know what? They didn't have it. DAMN IT ALL TO HELL.

So like a good mommy I got up like 6 times last night to put her binky back into her mouth and check on her. Yup. Good mommy there. Oh and Dan is sick too. Like actually took a sick day sick. Like he hasn't taken but 3 in the 7 years I have known him sick.

Thankfully I have the mommy immunity. That is what I am calling it. Mommy immunity. It means that there is no time for mommy to get sick because she must take care of everyone else. So there.

Let's see - since my last update - here is what has happened:

Evie is in Daycare half days and likes it; she is sleeping in her OWN bed in her OWN room; she now can clap her hands, give you 5 and says 'hey' when she sees you - oh and can say, mamamama and dadadada to the RIGHT person. My kid is of course brilliant. But then you totally knew that already - right?

 

 

 

 

 

 

public 0 8357 2007-04-27 12:57:00 2007-04-27 17:57:46 She is 9 Months Now - Holy Crap!

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Evie in the Bluebonnets (Texas Tradition)

 

 Well little girl - you are 9 months old now. It has been quite a month too. One of the biggest things that happened this month is that you started going to daycare half days. It was time. It was time for you and it was most definitely time for me. Not that I don't enjoy our time together. I seriously do. But you have become quite the handful lately. You can be quite the demanding little diva. (I KNOW where you get that from so there is no need for your daddy to constantly remind me. Seriously. I KNOW). BTW - our current nickname for ya is Pumpkin Butt - just so you know. Not sure where it came from - but it stuck. Sorry kid. I will help with the therapy costs.

The picture above greatly emphasizes your princess status within our household. You even have little earrings on. Your grandpa sent you an Easter basket with a princess dress, shoes and jewelry. The dress is a LITTLE big yet (meant for 3 yr olds) - but I couldn't resist putting the jewelry on you - because it is cute and you ARE a little diva.

Your daycare assures me that you are quite the attention seeker -

Mary at your daycare: "She can't let me walk away for a second - she needs to be near me at all times!"

Me: And that is why she is here.

And it has been wonderful for you. You see the other babies doing stuff that you can't quite do yet - like crawl. (And why SHOULD you crawl - if you squack loud enough - mommy will give you whatever you want). But now - mobility is seeming like it is where it is at. You see the other babies motoring around getting what they want without relying on someone to get it for you - and you are kinda digging it. So you are TRYING. But you would really rather walk like the big girls.

 

You have the walking 'assisted' thing down and the sorta hanging on to stuff to walk in a sideways thing down - but you can't figure out HOW to GET to standing - or that whole 'balance' thing. You do good when you have something to fall against or Mommy's hand holding you up a bit - hence the 'hands in the pics' going on above.

This month you also have mastered clapping. That one is pretty cool. You sit there and rock back and forth on your little butt and clap your hands. You give a mean high five too.

This month was the infamous dog poop month. Good god. It is very, very funny now and I will make sure to tell it ALL of your prospective husbands. But at the time - it wasn't so funny. You will be happy to know that I did NOT get rid of Bailey - and the book was 'donated' to the vet. (the dog is fine now btw).

You at the doctor's office digging on your 'chewies'

This month was also pretty cool in the food department. We started giving you 'real live people food' from the table. And we made an awesome discovery. You DIG garlic. You love it. The more garlic is in/on something - the more you eat of it. Our first 'experiment' was garlic mashed potoatoes with garlic/mushroom gravy. You ate the hell out of it. Then there was guacamole and 'zesty' pickles. You are kind of like a live science experiment. WHAT will Evie eat?

Here you are chilling after noshing your potatoes

Of course - what will you NOT eat is another question. Funnily enough - at your nine month - you only weighed in at 16.1 lbs. You are in the 10th percentile kid. Skinny - but healthy - so that's ok.

You eating a 'Biter' cookie (that is until you choked on one one day and your Daddy gave you the Heimlich - No more of these for you.

My new cell phone case I only got to use for one day. You ate it. Or slobbered it - whatever.

Another awesomeness thing that has been happening is your gaining in cuteness. You are one smiley, flirty baby. To the point where complete strangers come up to me (or rather you) to comment on how stunning you are. Many of them touch you. You smile and laugh and bat those eyelashes. Good lord. I am gonna have to leash you once you are walking. As you will most likely 'walk' off in somone's arms!

You are getting more and more fun kiddo and part of me is so excited for you to get moving and then the other part of me is FREAKED OUT. The doctor did say that you are on track for development. That is the first time he said that. WOOOHOOO! You are tall too. 28 inches tall. Wow. You are gonna be a long, tall drink of water kid.

Before we know it - you will be a year old? Are you ready kiddo?

Not sure me and your daddy are!

Love you,

Mom

 

PS - I'll try to put a new pic of myself up here each month too

Me with some yard art we bought at the Ft Worth Arts Festival

public 0

No comments:

Post a Comment