![]()

Happy Eight Months and almost 2 weeks kiddo. Its been a little bit nutso around here lately - as I am sure you can attest to. Of course you have NO long-term memory - so you will just have to take my word for it. That is a heady power that comes with motherhood. "You do and think as I say so". Too bad it only seems to work in theory and not in practice. There are MANY things I swore up and down and wrote down and spit on my hand and shook hands with your daddy and vowed I would NEVER do or allow you to get away with. Ha. HA HAHAHAHAHAHA. I no longer rule this roost - that is all you babe.
You rule so much that you now sleep in our bed to keep the peace and for Mommy's sanity. And often you sleep SIDEWAYS - at least you sleep that way with your feet towards daddy- so HE can get the kicks in the head. I say it is payback - and he knows it too. You both have that running/kicking thing in your sleep. Its a trip what is hereditary.
Now - I blame those damn teeth of yours. Jesus, Mary and Joseph if they haven't been a NIGHTMARE for all of us. Mostly you - and well - ME - as I lose the sleep and cry the tears with you. As you see below - you got TWO teeth this month. Two. And when they say they errupt - by golly - they ain't lying. Like Mount Vesuvius those things were.

Of couse there are 2 more on the top that are just itching to get out. My poor nerves might not be able to take those teeth kid. Your daddy and I almost whisked you off to the emergency room one night as the screaming was really THAT bad. I thought maybe you had some invisible knife stab wounds somewhere. Or maybe the cats and the dog got together and conspired and beat you with socks full of soap. Hell - I didn't know. I just knew that it was damn near impossible to hold you still so that we could shove our Anbesol laden fingers into your mouth to add insult to injury by numbing your WHOLE mouth to stop the screaming. You were barely eating that day- and barely peeing - I was sure you were going to die of dehydration. I have to tell you - being a first time mommy is SOOOO much fun. Not. There are so many things that seasoned moms just laugh thier asses off about us first time moms.

Now this picture above- this is a prime example of how all of the battle-hardened moms will laugh at me. See - your physical therapist told me that it was essential for you to start playing with your food so that you can feel the texture and learn to feed yourself. Yesterday was the first attempt.
I sat and had mini heart attacks watching you smear your lunch all over the chair, yourself, your outfit and when it started to go towards your EYE - well - we called it quits and mommy spent over 40 minutes cleaning up the carnage.
So - knowing that it is an important developmental milestone for you - but also knowing my OCD when it comes to cleanliness - I am starting to try out ways to 'CONTAIN' the damage; hence the photo above. You see that I have wrapped the back of the chair in a trash bag and the tray with Saran Wrap. You are also stripped down to your diaper and I had a cloth tucked in under your chin (not shown).
I also had a container of Clorox wipes handy (non bleach of course).
THIS is what happened - as we ALL knew it would. Thankfully - all of my prep work cut the clean up time in half. I WILL find a way to do this- even if it means putting you in a Hazmat suit.

I tell you what - this eighth month has kept me on my toes. 1. You got 2 teeth - your FIRST teeth. 2. You got baptised and all came to bask in your lovliness and revel at your vocal gymnastics at the church. I can see you in chior. Or a rock band. (I'm leaning towards the band...shhh). 3. You learned to sit up BY YOURSELF. 4. And you are jamming on working with BOTH hands and picking up things with your hands like people do - like with your thumb and forefinger. 5. And - I cannot forget - you are venturing into solid food. You really gummed the hell out of a "BITER BISCUIT" today. It wasn't bad - it was like a stale biscotti. Yeah - I ate a bit off of the non-gooey end. That is a perk we parents get. And Bailey the grub eater - he got to eat the gummy end. That is a perk that the DOG gets. The cats just get to have all of thier hair pulled out in clumps by you. What a treat for them. And weirdly enough they don't seem to mind. Maybe they are jealous of Bailey's haircut?

You are definitely getting a little attitude- but thankfully you are becoming LESS serious and bit more fun. I mean - come on - you are less than a year - you can lighten up a bit - can't ya? You have hopefully 90+ more years to be hateful of the crap earth we left ya.


You are growing like a weed too - its pretty cool - although mommy is really burning through the cash with buying you new clothes. Not that the photos actually show you in a varied amount of outfits. I just tend to take 10 million pictures in one sitting on various days - so it looks like I only dress you in 3 outfits a month. Versus the 30 or so.
You are wearing 12 m clothes now. Of course you are only 8 months old. That means you are TALL kid. And you do NOT know how many people ask me how that can be- seeing as your daddy and I are an inch or so from side show little people. We have TALL families and your daddy and I drank a butt load of coffee as kids. Now you know why I won't let you drink my coffee. It isn't to be MEAN - it is ensure that you grow taller than 2.5 feet.

How else can you become a model and make loads of money and support your daddy and I when we are old and feeble? I mean - you ARE gonna take care of us, right?
I'm happy to say that your hair is turning blonder and your eyes are most definitely blue. And you are a knockout. I want you to remember that when you go through that horrible ugly duckling phase are around 11. It sucks - but you are gorgeous kid. So many people stop me and tell me: "She is really beautiful. And I am not just saying that to be nice - she really is gorgeous". Which I reply thanks and then say 'hell yeah she is' in my head.



I am loving each and every day more and more with you. I am terrified of the crawling that is coming - seeing as you are rolling onto your tummy and massaging the carpet with great intent. (maybe you just like the FEEL of the carpet - but I kinda doubt it). Once you are off - well - the house is gonna resemble a giant cage as we are going to have to put up quite a few gates. And if you are ANYTHING like your mom (which you so are) - you will be rattling those bars in indignation. Because- well - you definitely have my temper.

One last thing - I am so in love with you (and not in that romantic way I am into your daddy) -but when you reach out and gently stroke my cheek or my hair - I melt. I know it melts your daddy too.

Love ya kiddo,
mom

PS - this pic is for all of those that get mad that there are never any pics of me!

public 0

No comments:
Post a Comment