Saturday, May 30, 2009

8782 2007-06-24 21:07:00 2007-06-25 02:35:28 This time I am WAY late - happy belated 10-11 months kiddo





Hi there sweety,
I guess when I said I was taking the summer off from blogging - it meant your newsletters too. But it isn't for lack of watching your little life take shape. No way little miss thing. You were just testing your wings the 9 months before the last two - you have since spread your wings and soared!

Sometimes I look at you - and the baby is becoming a little girl. Your face is starting to lose the baby look and take on the wisened face of a toddler. 



It is at those moments that the tears start to well up in my eyes and I get all fiercely proud. At those moments I think - By God - I made that unbelievably gorgeous little girl. And then the next moment I want to hug you very tightly (and I often do) to keep a the little baby just a tad bit longer. Sometimes you hug me back or giggle - but others you push me away. You already have quite an independent streak. I of course love it.



You haven't grown as much in the last two months - but you have made up for that in gigantic leaps in development. Within one week you mastered holding your own bottle, crawling like a fiend, pulling yourself to standing, cruising and saying 'hi mommy' and 'hi daddy'. You want to walk so bad that you will do anything to make it a reality.



A little less than a month ago - you were more interested in things that were interesting to mommy and daddy, and less interested in toys that were actually meant for you. This isn't so much the case now as you have discovered furniture and that it is made for more than just sitting on. Your main objective now is to conquer this gravity thing. But I say we stroll just a few minutes down memory lane of last month.

Last month you LOVED to play with everyday objects like those shown below:


You shredding tissues into millions of little bits. Kinda like snowflakes. (notice the water bottle behind you - also a huge hit)


Here we have two more examples. A fairly empty chip bag (tied off of course)- and mommy's exercise ball. (3 lbs - you don't so much as play with it as push on it as it is squishy)

Over the last two months you have also gotten to go swimming. Twice. As it has rained like Noah was coming for the months of May and June and looks like July as well. So - when it is NOT raining - we have taken you swimming. And you love it of course. And by love. I mean - well - you totally dig it.



I would be remiss if I didn't mention how you are also mastering the feeding techniques that are very important in pretty much everyone's world (Nicole Richie excluded). Below are two examples of what Mommy will give you to eat. One is what I give you everyday and allow you to feed yourself on your own - and the other is an example of what I allow you to do when I am feeling extremely cheritable and guilty about your developmental. (As in I am SUPPOSED to let you do it every meal - but come on - just look at ya).


Everyday.




Once a Month.


Something I also must point out - as everytime I see it - it just trips me out. You have MY eyes - but you definitely have your father's tongue.





Well kiddo. I am gearing up for the blowout that is going to be your 1st birthday party. It is going to be one heck of a shindig. Of course it is on your daddy's birthday - but you were enough of a gift right?





I hope you are ready for the big ONE - I think we are.

Love you so much baby  big girl,
mom








public 0

No comments:

Post a Comment