Saturday, May 30, 2009

9280 2007-08-29 20:49:00 2007-08-30 01:49:47 Thirteenly Months Baby Face

 

 

 


 

 

 

It's a little past 13 months - but what's new? I think it is a 'theme' with us - and well it works - so let's go with it.

This month was the month of words and worries. This is the month I finally figured out that you were actually saying WORDS and not just making a bunch of noises. That the noises had 'definition' and more importantly they DEFINED things in your world. Your mama can be a bit slow sometimes kiddo.

We'll get to the words stuff in a minute - I want to briefly revisit the 'worries' part of the story. This month you were sicker than you have ever been. (Right after your birth so doesn't count).

You contracted RSV at daycare. Oh good God - it is pretty freaking awful. Thankfully your long term memory hasn't kicked in yet - so this is the only 'memory' of it that you will have. And frankly that is a good thing. What RSV is is a horrible, nasty, highly communicable - pretty bad arse cold that sits on your chest. And when I say sit - I picture some big, heavy, slothy type of oozy 'being' that sits on your chest and makes it hard to breathe. It makes the breath rattle in your chest and your head heat to the upper levels of feverville. (Can you tell Mama's been reading some Stephen King lately - Lisey's Story - you will like it one day I am sure).

Anyway, you had fevers going above and beyond 103. You were listless. You cried. You just lay there wimpering. You coughed and you snotted and you suffered so, so much. The doctor (which we saw twice in two weeks) said you had Broncholitis and an ear infection. You had to do breathing treatments 3 times a day. It was horrible. HORRIBLE. And of course your daddy and I caught it and we are just now getting over it.

And you know WHY you caught this horrible, mucky mess? Because some thoughtless, wretched mother knowingly brought her kid to daycare with the damn crap. I am STILL mad. But thankfully we all survived - so end of 'that' story.

On to the words. Oh the words. Joyous words. It was actually your physical therapist who pointed out to me that you were actually 'talking' and not babbling. Silly me - trix are for kids and I didn't KNOW. I'm sorry. But now I get it. Of course your pointing and 'saying' the word helped a lot. That and figuring out yes - all of  the words you were saying DID start with D - but they did sound like what you were pointing at if I really listened.

I can proudly say that I got the Hi, Bye and That (dat) figured out on my own. Also - Oh Oh, Mama, Dada, Yea!, Yeah, Done and your sign language for 'more'. Got all of those. The ones I had to listen for were: Tree (Dee), Truck (Duck), Train (Dane), Cracker (Dack), Kitty (Ditty), Doggy (Dodgy) and Dolly (Dawlee - said really high pitched). So far we are at 17 words. SEVENTEEN!

I almost fell over when one morning you pointed at your stuffed kitty in your room and waved at it while saying, 'bye bye ditty'. It was way, way awesome.

In FACT - you are doing so well...........................................................................you will probably be graduating from ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) this next month. Yes girly girl. Your PT was so impressed with what you can do now (like climb the stairs and walk with just one hand being held and your speech and other amazingnessessess) that you won't qualify for the program anymore. And why is that? Well - let your proud mama tell ya why. It's because you are not only ON TRACK - you are actually a little ahead in some areas. Now who is a proud mama? Yeah, that's right - ME.

Let's see - in other news - you have now gotten your top 2 teeth in and are working on those top eye teeth. Any day now. Any day.  AND - your favorite toys of the moment are: That bunny above, your truck and your Elmos. In fact - dueling Elmos is your favorite game ever. You make me put them side by side and 'go' at the same time. One sings Elvis the other is the Tickle Me Elmo with turrets - I mean TMX. Dear lord it is hillarious how amped up you get.

You have also graduated to the BIG girl carseat and you love to eat Animal Crackers. Whole. Thankfully you haven't choked TOO much on them. (I kid). I do watch you. I am not the world's most horrible mother - just kinda close.  *laughs*

Love you baby girl,

Mom

 

(I could 'try' to get away with saying you were laughing - but you were totally screaming. I just looked too good here not to post it. You've got great lungs kid).

public 0

No comments:

Post a Comment