
First a 'disclaimer' - it was hot as hades outside - so I decided to keep the lights OFF in the house- hence the fuzzy pictures. But it was fun. I promise much improved pictures in the future. I decided to make something easy and healthy in the casa de Gilligan for little miss fussy eater.
First - I had some leftover corn tortillas - so I cut them into quarters and then coated them with Canola Oil - as it has a lower smoke point. I then coated the chips with Hickory seasoning and salt. (I will not coat them until AFTER I cook them next time - too salty). I heated the oven to 425 degrees.
Here they are on the pan. The orange/brown thing is a called a silpat and it is the best thing EVER. It helps with even cooking. It can be found HERE. I then popped them into the oven for 10-15 minutes. You really need to watch these though as they can become charcoal briquettes pretty fast.
I then took some stuff out of the pantry and decided to make a 'dip'. I first cooked the frozen veggies in the box above and then put them in my trusty magic bullet with 1/2 the can of black beans. And it is healthy - which is a bonus. Also - Evie loved it - so that is a WIN-WIN in this house.
See- the Bullet.
And what looks REALLY gross - but actually made something ROCKING! I then added a little garlic salt stuff as it was a little bland for me.
I then scooped it into a bowl and garnished with the tomatoes and fresh thyme. (There were a few more pictures - but GOOD LAWD were they fuzzy - le sigh).
And it wouldn't be complete without a Dr. Pepper from good 'ole Tejas.
Super easy - super fun - and super enjoyable.

No comments:
Post a Comment