Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kinda excited




So although I am a super, duper A-type personality - I really don't plan out that far in advance when it comes to my 'career'. When it comes to my employ - I am more of a go with the flow and see where it takes me kinda gal. I never really 'pick' where I go as much as drift into my next gig.


But I am planning a bit now - and I am excited about it. Owning your own company gives you a bit of flexibility. You get to better define what you want to do - and I am so glad that Dan is giving me the chance to do this.

I came into the company a year ago next week to do the books, the HR and all of the nitty, gritty behind the scenes stuff. Which is fine - it was a hell of a learning curve - but I finally have the hang of it now and am feeling comfortable.

Third quarter last year I started to get to do what I LIKE to do and am good at - which leans towards things 'creative' in nature. I started helping clients out here and there with graphic stuff, then picture editing, commercial photography, marketing stuff - etc. A new business division was born - Business Services.

We are going to officially 'launch' this new offshoot next month and it has me excited. I am looking forward and planning, creating - and it is exciting. I am enjoying it immensely. Scared - yes - but looking forward to the challenge.

I'm actually paddling this time instead of just floating.

No comments:

Post a Comment